Terms & Conditions – Makeup Services, Lessons & Photo Shoots
By booking a Hair and/or Makeup Service (for your Wedding, Special Occasion, Workshop, commercial job or other event), a One-on-One Makeup Lesson, or Photo Shoot, you are agreeing to adhere to, abide by and accept these Terms & Conditions. Please read them carefully so you understand your obligations, and ours.
SERVICES TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. You may pay for your Iridis Hair & Makeup Services, Lessons, Workshops and Photo Shoots by the methods detailed below. In some instances, Iridis Cosmetics reserves the right to request that payment for any services it provides be made in full and up front, prior to the date of the services being provided. Please note that Iridis product purchases must be paid in full and up front before goods are released.
- Mobile EFTPOS – Debit Cards and Visa, MasterCard, Bankcard;
- Bank Deposit (payment must be received at the date specified by Iridis, prior to the service or lesson); or
2. Due to the high demand Iridis has for bookings, we require a non-refundable booking fee to secure your booking as Iridis Makeup Artists are regularly booked months, if not years, in advance. If we book you in for makeup, it means we cannot book other clients. If you proceed with your appointment, this booking fee will be deducted from the full cost of the service.
3. If you cancel your booking, the booking fee is non-refundable because to secure your preferred date, we are likely to have turned away other business. In the highly unlikely situation where we cancel your booking, we will refund the booking fee.
4. Required booking fees are as follows:
- Wedding Date Booking Fee – $150-300 to secure your wedding date;
- Wedding Trial Booking Fee– $80 to secure your trial date (during busy periods, we are unlikely able to take Saturday bookings for trials);
- Special Occasion Booking Fee– $50, per person, to secure your date and time;
- Makeup Lesson or Workshop Booking Fee– payment in advance, to secure your date and time.
- Photo Shoot Booking Fee – payment in advance, to secure your date and time.
Please note – if we have not received this booking fee within 7 days of you advising that you wish to proceed with our services, your date/time will not be guaranteed and we may re-book services without notice to you.
5. If there is a balance due to be paid, the balance of the cost of the Wedding Makeup is payable at least 7 days before the date of the Wedding, unless otherwise agreed in writing between you and Iridis Cosmetics. The balance of the cost of the Makeup Service, Lesson, Workshop or Photo Shoot is payable prior to the date of the Makeup Service, Lesson, Workshop or Photo Shoot, unless otherwise agreed in writing between you and Iridis Cosmetics.
6. Specifically with reference to weddings, if you cancel our services with less than 2 months notice, you will be required to pay the balance of the wedding in full. If you have already paid in full, this payment will be retained for the inconvenience of late cancellations and loss of other wedding or other business, unless otherwise agreed.
7. All bookings are subject to availability, and if you have a particular date in mind, we suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
8. Our quoted prices are subject to change without notice, and our quotes are valid for 7 days. Also note that once we have provided a quote to you, and you have paid your deposit, a contract is formed for the quoted services as agreed. If the number of services or clients are reduced after that time, you are still liable to pay for the full quoted amount as agreed by you.
9. Any extra “last minute” bookings on the day of the makeup service (wedding, for example), must be notified prior to the event, or if unavoidable, at the commencement of the makeup service. Depending upon the schedule of the Iridis Makeup Artist, makeup requests on the day of the event may not be able to be accommodated, but we will do our best. If the bookings can be accommodated, they will be charged in accordance with standard rates, unless otherwise agreed. Payment for any additional bookings must be made on the day
10. Travel costs are charged on a calculation based on time and kilometres – as this is time we cannot book other clients. The cost of parking or other related costs may be also be referred to the client, depending on circumstances.
11. If you decide not to have a wedding makeup trial before your wedding day, or you would like to make changes to the look we created for you at your wedding trial, we will allocate an extra 30 minutes on top of your service on the wedding day, to give us time to ensure you are happy with your makeup or the changes requested. This is charged at an additional amount of $50.00, on top of your service. This is so we ensure you have the look that you love for your wedding.
12. If, for any reason, the Iridis Makeup Artist who has been booked for your makeup service, lesson or photo shoot becomes unavailable on the date of your booking, Iridis will find a replacement and equivalently skilled and experienced Makeup Artist for you, at no additional cost to you. We will never leave you stranded for makeup services and we stand by all of our bookings.
13. A surcharge of $50 per half hour, applies for a before 8am start for weddings.
14. We also have cancellation fees and no-show fees:
- If you wish to reschedule or cancel your trial or makeup service, you must provide at least 5 days notice. If you cancel with less than 5 days notice, a cancellation fee amounting to 50% of the full cost of your service or quote, is payable and must be paid within 3 days of your cancellation, or we will retain your deposit/booking fee, and you may need to pay the full price to book us again.
- If you do not show up to your appointment, without prior notice to Iridis, the full fee of your service must be paid within 3 days of your cancellation and you forfeit your deposit/booking fee.
- If you are running late, please advise us with as much notice as possible. If you are more than 15 minutes late, we may need to reschedule your appointment, depending upon other client bookings and commitments.
15. Iridis Cosmetics may refuse to provide makeup services to anyone, at any time, at our sole discretion.
16. By engaging Iridis for makeup services you grant permission to Iridis to use any images taken of you, either professional or by the artist involved, and provide consent to use the images on social media, on our website or in any other marketing material. You can opt out of this at the time of the service if you wish.
17. If you have very sensitive skin, or a known allergy to makeup ingredients, you are required to inform Iridis Cosmetics of this prior to the makeup services commencing.
18. IMPORTANT! All clients (including your bridal party or additional clients that have been booked by you, if applicable) must advise Iridis Cosmetics of any contagious, bacterial, viral or other illness, skin condition, or eye condition, prior to any makeup services commencing. This includes, but not limited to, conjunctivitis, cysts, cold sores, herpes simplex, eye sties, open wounds or cuts, bacterial or viral skin infections or conditions, golden staph, or any other contagious illnesses or conditions. Depending upon the condition, Iridis Cosmetics reserves the right to refuse services to an infectious client, but more importantly, Iridis Cosmetics must be informed, so that precautions can be taken to protect products and brushes from contamination. If you do not inform us of such contagious conditions or illnesses, you may be required to pay for any products or brushes which may become, or is likely to become contaminated as a result of your condition or illness. This is a very important issue for Iridis as we take your safety and hygiene extremely seriously.
19. Iridis Cosmetics can provide hair styling as part of your makeup service. This will be charged at an additional cost, and this must be booked in advance of the makeup service. We also have several discounted Hair & Makeup Packages.