Consulting Services for Makeup Artists and Creatives
Peta-Gai, the creator of Iridis Cosmetics, built a successful career in the legal world for 17 years, before becoming a Makeup Artist Entrepreneur. The business lessons she learned as a lawyer, especially running a $90M superannuation fund, are directly relatable to the makeup world and have been the secret of the success of Iridis Cosmetics.
Peta-Gai hasn’t just approached Iridis Cosmetics like a makeup artist would. She has approached the business like an astute lawyer, and that has been a key reason for her success and Iridis’ continued growth. The Iridis idea is unlike anything else in the market place, and if you’re a Makeup Artist or other Creative who needs some guidance in business, then a consultation with Peta-Gai could do you and your business, wonders.
People from many different creative and business sectors ask Peta-Gai to mentor them, and to give them her insights on how to get their business working for them, and how to build a successful and profitable business doing what they love.
Due to this demand, Peta-Gai now offers a consulting service for Makeup Artists and other Creatives, such as photographers. She will work with you and your business, either on a one-off issue, or for regular meetings to develop and guide your business to continued success.
Peta-Gai has created many proven template documents and policies to assist in managing and running a successful business, and will share these with you as part of the consulting services. Peta-Gai can also consult on various issues faced by sole traders and freelance Creatives, for example:
- How to get started making money as a Makeup Artist
- How to make money out of your creative work
- How to build rapport quickly, easily and genuinely with clients and industry professionals
- How to market you and your business, especially in a world that values personal branding
- How to identify your point of difference, and how to highlight this with clients
- Pricing perfection – how to set prices that show your value, and how to be confident talking about your prices
- Your makeup kit – what you should have in it, how to downsize and still have everything you need, and contingency products that make your life easier
- Career direction – where do you want to go and how you can get there?
- Traversing the Social Media minefield – and why it’s essential that you’re part of the conversation in a genuine, warm and interactive way
- Networking secrets – how to ensure you’re remembered (for all the right reasons!), and how to build your networks of professionals
- How to have productive photos shoots – gathering information and planning, meeting your client’s expectations, directing models, how to put people at ease, how to create conceptual or creative photo shoots
- How to liaise with photographers and models, plan a photo shoot, protect your interests, and get the images you want for your portfolio
- How to talk yourself up without seeming desperate
- Building your confidence and remaining positive, even in times of a business lull – and what to do to get out of the lull
- How to create the business of your dreams
- And any other niggling issues where you’d like some guidance
Peta-Gai’s consultation rates are negotiable. You may opt to invest in a one-off consultation, a series of consultations, or a Makeup Business Mentoring Package tailored to your business. Contact Peta-Gai for more information.
- Glamtorials® – Makeup Workshops in Your Home
- Brides, Bridesmaid & Weddings
- Corporate & Personal Branding Photo Shoots
- Event & Special Occasion Makeup
- Iridis Custom Brow Arching
- Male to Female Transgender Makeup Lessons
- One-on-One Tailored Makeup Lessons
- Debutantes & School Formal Glamness
- Family Portraits
- Lash Lift & Tints
- Tailored Refresher Courses for Makeup Artists
- Consulting Services for Makeup Artists and Creatives
- Hen’s Parties
- Teenage Birthday Parties
- Model Photo Shoots